check out our blog with posts from our ambassadors and guest bloggers!
Here you will find stories from kind deeds to the community to adventures and tips & tricks.
Hey kind krafters! School has been oh so busy and midterms and papers and concert season are in full swing. Keeping yourself calm and organized during these times can feel impossible but here are some tips I hope you find helpful through these stressful weeks!
1. Start to prepare in advance - Even if it feels like you have so much time for some of these things but starting your preparation early will make the world of a difference. You are only as stressed as you are unprepared.
2. Do not be afraid to ask for help - Asking your professors, classmates, parents or anyone in your life for a shoulder to lean on or even some extra help can be super beneficial to relax some stress you have. Everyone wants you to succeed, don't be afraid to ask for help!
3. Go to class!!!! - I know, this sounds like the obvious BUT going to class and staying engaged will really help you understand the material and hopefully drop some hints for your upcoming midterm. The more familiar you are, the less stressed you will feel
4. Stay organized - Keeping notes, workspaces and your scheduling organized will help keep your mind clear and be able to accomplish much more
5. Rest! - Getting much needed rest is so important during this busy time! A rested mind is a better mind. Get some sleep!!
6. Take breaks - allow yourself short study breaks to relax, refresh, and regroup. It may be hard to convince yourself you deserve it, but the break will be worth it.
7. Eat Healthy - it’s important to make sure you’re eating healthy and on a schedule. Doing so will provide you with energy and brainpower! (study snacks are a exception, of course)
8. Study Efficiently - It can be hard to REALLY focus. Getting a quiet room where you won't be distracted and using beneficial study habits that work for you are the best ways to ensure you aren't wasting time.
9. Practice Positive Thinking - “I am doing my best”, “This is going to be okay” “I am prepared” “I got this”. Thinking like this can really change your mood, energy and outcome of your midterms, be your own biggest fan! You got this!
10. Treat yourself! - Take a break, hang out with friends, watch netflix …… you deserve it. :)
Thanks kind krafters, hope you are all having a busy and great study season :)